Wolverhampton | Birmingham | London | Rugby | Coventry & Warwick | Bridgnorth

Worldwide - Movers - Storers - Shippers

 

Head Office : +44 (0) 1902 714555

Wolverhampton : 01902 714555

Birmingham : 0121 444 1885

London : 0207 937 1999

Rugby : 01788 541044

Coventry & Warwick : 024 7663 2501

Bridgnorth : 01746 336041

Email : sales@burkebros.co.uk

0

Moving to Nice

As the largest city on the Côte d’Azur, Nice remains a highly desirable location. A warm climate, clear sea and good transport links ensure Nice remains an appealing destination. Low crime levels, good standards of health care, a multi-cultural environment and less pollution also serve to make it appealing to expats.

Some pertinent points to consider before relocating to Nice:

Transport
Nice boasts very good transport links with a busy port running daily ferries to Corsica. Notably, the bus and train system are very reasonably priced for passengers. The airport is well located and accessible.

Retiring to Nice
Moving to Nice can be financially beneficial to retirees, as a tax treaty with the UK means that many forms of tax that you will pay in Britain will count towards your French tax bill.

Property
Its prime location on the French Riviera does, however, come at a cost and so property prices in Nice and surrounding areas are higher than most other areas of France. To the east of Nice are Saint-Roch and Riquier; are areas which are benefitting from investment and development.

Schools
Compulsory education begins at 6 and ends at 16 in France. Young children can attend école maternelle from the ages of 3 until they start école primaire at 6. Parents also have the option of some international schools in Nice which can have intake at different ages. For example, children can attend the International School of Nice from the age of 4 and stay until 18.

Healthcare
Only part of the healthcare in France is state-funded. The remaining costs have to be covered by health insurance. The French government essentially funds 70%, the remaining 30% is covered by residents paying into a mutuelle scheme.

Residence Permits
Nationals of EU/EEA countries, as well as Switzerland, are exempt, but other residents will need a residence permit, a ‘carte de séjour’, when moving to Nice for more than three months. This will usually need to be renewed every year.

The Welcome and Integration Contract (Contrat d’Accueil et d’Intégration), must be signed by the majority of people entering France with the intention to reside long term. Expats on company transfers and foreign assignments, and those possessing a European Blue Card are, however, exempt.

The process involves attendance at a few information sessions and an assessment of your French language ability. Lessons are offered to those who fail the language element. It is important to comply with these regulations.

Burke Bros Moving Group offer weekly services to all parts of France.  For more information on removals to Nice and all departments of France, please contact Burke Bros Moving Group on sales@burkebros.co.uk or on 01902 714555.

June 17th, 2016 | Categories: Blog