FIDI and FAIM what do our accreditations mean to you?
If you are moving abroad and are considering using an international remover, what do you need to look for? The main criteria that will really ensure excellent service and value to your move is moving with a FIDI FAIM accredited organisation.
FIDI is the Fédération Internationale des Déménageurs Internationaux (International Federation of International Movers). Established in 1950, FIDI is the largest global alliance of independent quality international removal companies.
Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, FIDI’s mission and vision is to provide high quality, value adding services to its affiliates, and to offer customers a portal to an alliance of quality international movers. To date, the FIDI alliance includes over 500 international removal companies, all accredited by the FIDI Accredited International Mover standard (FAIM).
Being members of FIDI means not only are you using a professional international remover but you also have access to a professional network of international agents around the world. This means your move will be dealt with in the same attentive manner in your destination country, as it is in your origin country.
Being members of FIDI means our customers have a Prepayment Protection Scheme in place to protect your money and move. In the unlikely event of something going wrong, you have complete peace of mind, your prepayment is protected through a financial bond and your move will be carried out by another approved FIDI member.
Accreditation for the prestigious FAIM international quality standard for removals is the second reference, and is recognized as the only premier quality mark worldwide for international removals.
FAIM is a quality management system that ensures our service is a high level quality to you, including operation competence, fully trained staff and so on.
Every firm with FAIM accreditation has to go through a biannual reassessment process, which is comprehensive and very detailed. CapGemini, based in Belgium, undertake an independent audit that involves both desk-top research and personal assessment. Client feedback is reviewed and procedures are checked to ensure they meet clients’ needs and demands. These must be demonstrated to operate in a practical manner and within guidelines for necessary response times. In addition, the audit involves the following:
- Financial audited accounts to assess the stability of the company
- Insurance claims register for past two years
- Personnel register, training records and staff turnover levels for work undertaken
- Asset register with copies of all permits and licences and servicing records to provide evidence that the company has sufficient capability
- Copy of the company quality manual approved by BSi
- Copies of all documents used to ensure they meet strict criteria and suitability as specified by FIDI
- Warehouse and Office facilities visited to ensure they are safe and secure to meet both Health & Safety criteria and industry standards
- Review of all packing materials used and how environmental policy operates
- Systems and computer programs checked for suitability
Firms that have FIDI memberships and FAIM accreditation provides customers with reassurance that they are in very safe hands.
For more information on FIDI please visit here: https://www.fidi.org/
If you require help with an upcoming international move, why not contact Burke Bros? We are FIDI FAIM accredited and can provide you with any more information you require on these accreditations or our services on 01902 714555.