How to prepare to move house
Once you have sold your house and are ready to move you will need to consider a few things, such as what do you need to do before you move home and how are you going to prepare? One of the burning questions is how are you going to transport your household goods and personal effects to your new residence, are you going to do it yourself or hire a professional mover?
Keep reading for our tips on how to prepare before moving house.
• If you are doing it yourself then hire a local van but it not find a reliable and professional moving company – we suggest asking friends for recommendations or using a member of the British Association of Removers.
• Confirm the date and time of your moving day to all relevant parties and confirm this with your moving company.
• Start thinking about all of the immediate items you will need during your daily lives – what key items will you need as soon as you move in to your new home? Make an effort to pack these essential items in luggage and suitcases or distinctive boxes so you can bring these with you.
• If you are doing some of the packing yourself, get together your packing materials – your moving company should be able to provide you with specialist packing boxes and materials. Use either permanent markers or labels to write on the side of boxes to make it clear on its main contents and what room it belongs in.
• May sure you have plenty of bubble wrap or wrapping paper for protecting your valuables and you can also use bedding and towels can be just as effective and take up less room when packing.
• Bin liners are excellent for packing clothes, shoes and linens in.
• You may want to have a clear out of all items you no longer need or want to take with you, try and recycle and donate as much as possible, this saves you doing it after you have spent all your energy moving it to your new home.
• Try to dismantle furniture that is easy to do yourself and is not essential before moving day – a professional move will be able to dismantle all non-specialist furniture for you with ease.
• Make sure you let your utility companies know you are leaving and pay up to date all your local bills, and ensure you get your post redirected.
• Make arrangements for refreshments and food to be at your new home on moving day.
For more information on how best to prepare for moving home, or to arrange a free pre-move survey please contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or email email@example.com