Wolverhampton | Birmingham | London | Cambridge | Rugby | Coventry & Warwick | Bridgnorth

Worldwide - Movers - Storers - Shippers

Take a look at our online shop for professional grade packing materials.

Wolverhampton : 01902 714555

Birmingham : 0121 444 1885

London : 0207 937 1999

Rugby : 01788 541044

Coventry & Warwick : 024 7663 2501

Bridgnorth : 01746 336041

Email : sales@burkebros.co.uk


Importing Firearms?

Customer Question:
Can we take our firearm with us when we move abroad.

Burke Bros Answer:
Regarding a firearm, obviously whenever possible we advise against it. It is legal to import firearms however the process is particular onerous. You will need to log onto www.atf.gov and request a firearm declaration directly from the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
The process takes a minimum of 6 weeks upon receipt of the required documents before the firearm can sail. We really would suggest that the firearm be sent separately via airfreight. A firearm in the HHGS (Household Goods Systems) container (even legal and documented) is a guaranteed way to incur demurrage detention as well as an intensive exam. Rather than experience those delays, a registered firearms importer (which we are not) can clear and deliver the firearm alone, at the closest AOE (Airport of Entry). Also, assuming you are in a hurry to move, you can keep the shotgun at our storage until the necessary declarations are made with the ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms) without having to delay you move. Failure to properly declare the firearm will have disastrous consequences.

April 1st, 2010 | Categories: General