With over 35 years’ experience of moving people all over the world we know you can never be too well prepared. Here’s a few pointers on the information you’ll need to give a professional removal firm to ensure all goes as smoothly as possible:
• Try to give as much notice about your impending move to the removal firm as possible.
• Equip your remover with the following basic information:
-your contact information
-destination moving from and to
-inform them of what personal effects and household goods you are planning to take to enable them to estimate the volume of goods to be transported
-discuss options with them for storing your goods if you don’t want to take all of your items. Ask them about containerised or self-access storage.
• Packing requirements: if you have many fragile items that need extra care and protective packing inform your remover. Equally, if you have heavy specialist items which may need some special lifting equipment also notify your remover.
• Access: a professional removals company will need to look at and assess access to your property to ensure they are equipped with the right vehicles and equipment.
• Insurance: a professional mover will be able to provide you with insurance to cover your possessions during your move. By the very nature of removals, accidents can happen, but correct insurance will cover for any damage on items that have been professionally packed. If you have an item of specialist interest such as high valuable paintings, then a certificate of valuation may be needed for your insurance.
Many of the above points will be covered by a professional mover when they view your premises to provide an estimation. Always choose to move with an accredited member of the British Association of Removers, who work to a regulated Code of Conduct, have fully trained removals teams and the best equipment for your move.
For further information and for a pre-move survey, please contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or email: email@example.com