Wolverhampton: 01902714555 | Birmingham: 01214441885 | London: 02079371999 | Rugby: 01788541044
| Coventry & Warwick: 02476632501 | Bridgnorth: 01746233119

Recent News

Moving a Plasma TV Screen To the USA?

Apr 01. 2010

Customer Question:
Is it worth taking my expensive Plasma TV to the USA.

Burke Bros Answer:
Regarding Plasma TV’s, many are NTSC – PAL compatible, but you will have to check with the manufacturer to be sure. Some brands have not done this yet. The North American standards are NTSC (analog), ATSC (Over the air DTV) and QAM (digital cable). European standards are PAL (analog), and DVB-T (over the air DTV).
You will also need to buy a wattage transformer to get the TV to run off of the USA power current. Plasma TV’s and LCD TV’s are very sensitive to wattage fluctuations. We are only speculating on this point, but running an expensive plasma with a transformer can’t be good for the life of the TV. Our advice is you can buy a nice 46” LCD nowadays for just about $1000 (about £500) in the states.

Associations and Accreditations

Quick Links