Moving office is no easy feat and can be a substantial disruption to your business operations. Whether you’re going through a period of expansion, merging, or reducing costs by moving to smaller premises, it’s important to plan the move carefully and make use of the services of a professional removal company. Certainly use a member of the British Association of Removers.
There are a few other factors which may also be worth bearing in mind such as;
1. Ensuring your customers and suppliers are given your new address and know when this will be effective from.
2. Communicate a timescale for the move and tasks for the move to your employees.
3. Work out what equipment you require to keep hold of and what needs to be disposed of well ahead of the move. Create an inventory of exactly what is being moved and decide on whether you are able to pack yourselves or whether you need a professional packing service.
4. If you’re packing yourself, don’t skimp on the packing material. Purchase the proper equipment from your removal company.
5. Make sure all utility companies and service providers are made aware of the move and that arrangements are made to have relevant services installed at the new premises.
6. Think about access to both your present and new offices. If there is anything that would make access to the properties difficult or that would not allow a removal van to park in close proximity to load and un-load discuss this with your surveyor.
We have successfully conducted numerous office moves during our 35 years of operation and would be only too pleased to advise you on an upcoming office move. Our team of advisors can be contacted on 01902 714555 or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.