Moving to Canada: Customs Information.
Moving to Canada is similar to a domestic move in some respects, but there are some specific requirements that you should know about prior to your move. Understanding your responsibilities and documentation needs ahead of time will ensure your move goes smoothly. We have moved thousands of families to Canada throughout the years and have the necessary experience to help you cross the border.
At Burke Bros Moving Group, we want you to enjoy your move and can help you with all Canada logistics and household goods moving in order to ease your transition. Our moving advisors have an years of experience in the industry and will help you manage all parts of your move to Canada including pre-move planning, Canada Customs regulations and document requirements.
Below are a few of the requirements for moving to Canada:
• Any boxes that you have packed yourself must be clearly marked as “Packed by Owner,” along with the contents listed and numbered on the outside of the carton.
• Required personal identification for each family member moving must be up-to-date.
• Check with Canada Customs concerning the import of food, liquor, tobacco, pets, plants and firearms. Prohibited items include: protected wildlife and any goods made from endangered species, explosives, ammunition, fireworks and pyrotechnics.
• Food and beverages in your boxes may cause delays in clearing your shipment through Canada Customs.
Canadian Customs Regulation:
• You must be present when your shipment clears Customs in Canada. You moving counselor or driver will make arrangements to meet you at the Customs office closest to your delivery address.
Shipping a Motor Vehicle from the U.S. to Canada
• You will need to present a copy of your vehicle registration/title to customs 72 hours prior to the vehicle entering Canada. The original registration/title must be given to your driver at the time of loading.
• Depending on your port of entry, requirements for documentation may vary. Duties and taxes may be assessed on your vehicle. We can help you determine what is needed at Canada Customs prior to shipping or driving your vehicle to Canada.
Are you a U.S. Citizen or Canadian Citizen moving back to Canada? You will need to ensure that you have the required documents based on your citizenship. Click here to find out more about required documentation for moving to Canada.
Contact Burke Bros Moving Group for a free moving estimate, at no obligation to you on 01902 714555 or emails firstname.lastname@example.org.