Making use of an international moving company is the best option to ensure your household effects and personal possessions are in safe and experienced hands when moving to Cyprus. Moving abroad can be daunting, but with a professional removal company this is taken care for you. The company will pack and ship your household effects safely and professionally.
The importance of using a reputable and experienced removal company really can’t be under-estimated as they have knowledge of international customs and immigration law etc of the country you are moving to. Burke Bros Moving Group operate a specialist and regular service shipping customer’s goods and personal effects to Cyprus.
Allowing us to pack your household effects for you will reduce the pressure immeasurably, but whether you opt for a professional packing service or pack yourself; there are restrictions on what can be shipped to Cyprus. The following are guidelines on items that are prohibited or restricted from being imported into Cyprus.
The following items are prohibited from being imported into Cyprus:
• Illegal drugs
• Pornographic materials
The following are items are items which may either be limited to certain quantities or they may require additional duties, taxes or fees before they can be cleared.
• All guns require permission from the police and an Import Permit. They must be at least one year old. Only one gun is permitted importation for each family entering Cyprus
• All food products require prior consent from the Ministry of Health and an Import License
• Alcohol may be imported, as long as it is less than 12 sealed bottles or 20 opened bottles
• All tobacco products are subject to duties and taxes
• Sports equipment
• Plants will require an Import Permit and a Phytosanitary Certificate
• All new furniture requires a copy of the original purchase invoice, an import license and must be marked on the inventory as new
Those moving out to Cyprus should be aware that they should alert the Destination Agent if their shipment contains any items out of the ordinary that would perhaps not be classified as standard “household goods” such as air soft guns, pianos, alcohol, etc.
This information may be subject to change. If you would like any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or email email@example.com.