We understand that the task of packing your household items can seem an arduous task, but if you’re organised well in advance of the moving day; it will seem less insurmountable. It may also be worth speaking to a removal company about the option of booking a professional packing service.
If you do opt to pack yourself, here are a few of our top tips:
• Take the opportunity to sift through your belongings and have a clear-out. It’s useful to separate items into those which can be donated to charity, things which need throwing out, and if you’re very organised you may be able to sell some items at a car boot sale or online through auction sites.
• Obtain the packing materials well in advance. Collect boxes in a variety of sizes and acquire strong tape, bubble wrap and tissue paper. Keeping individual self-seal bags for packing together nuts and bolts can also be useful.
• When packing large boxes, don’t over fill them as they will be too heavy to manoeuvre.
• Invest in quality boxes. It’s a false economy to obtain cheap, poor quality boxes, you’ll find that they won’t withstand being moved about on moving day. Corrugated cardboard boxes are sturdier than regular boxes. In particular, Burke Bros Moving Group sell the same packing material to the public that are used by professional packers.
• Pack any potentially hazardous materials eg paint, cleaning substances and aerosols separately away from your other possessions in a clearly labelled box.
• Speak to your removal company about insurance. Always use a company that is a member of the British Association of Removers to guarantee you’re using a reputable and approved company that is regularly audited.
For further information on our packing materials, our packing service and removal services or to book a free pre-move survey, please don’t hesitate to contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.