We know that the customs and quarantine procedures for relocating to Australia, can seem daunting; so here’s our factsheet to demystify the process a little:
1. Customs and Quarantine inspection and clearance is carried out on all goods entering into Australia. Unaccompanied baggage and household goods may be imported into Australia free of customs duty as long as they have been owned and used overseas for 12 months prior to your departure for Australia.
2. Items not in this category, which have been owned and used for less than twelve months, will be subject to duty. These duty rates vary and purchase receipts or invoices will be required to substantiate values involved.
3. All alcohol and tobacco is dutiable and must be declared.
4. The following documents and paperwork are required for clearing customs and quarantine:
Original B534 (6/00) Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement completed by the
owner of the goods. This document can be supplied by us if requested or obtained online from www.customs.gov.au
An Alcohol Inventory must be completed if alcohol is included in the shipment and
declared on the customs form
Copy of the Photo and Visa (if applicable) pages of the Passport.
Original complete inventory in English, generally supplied by the Origin Agent.
5. From the date of your shipment arrival at the Destination agents Depot, clearance will take approximately 10 – 14 working days to clear the shipment through Customs and Quarantine prior to delivery to your residence. All shipments will be unloaded at Destination agents warehouse for Quarantine inspection.
6. Duty will be charged by Customs on alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco and household items that have not been owned and used for twelve months prior to shipping. Please note that this must be paid to Customs and will delay delivery of the shipment if payment is not made.
7. Quarantine may order fumigation, steam cleaning and other specialized treatments – these items will be separated from the main shipment. Additional charges will apply in these cases.
If you require any further information or assistance, our International Department are fully on hand to assist you and can be contacted on 01902 714555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org