Getting removals to Cyprus doesn’t have to be a complicated job if you are in the right hands. Using an international moving company is one of the best options to ensure your items are in safe and experienced hands. Let alone the physical act of the move can be daunting, but with a professional removal all of this is taken care for you, allowing your goods to be packed and shipped with minimal worry.
Using a removal company also allows you to gain valuable advice and knowledge on international customs of the country you are moving to. Having invaluable advice on customs and immigration law is one of the main benefits of using a relocation specialist. Here at Burke Bros we operate a specialist service specifically shipping customer’s goods and personal and effects to Cyprus on a regular basis.
So whether you are packing yourselves or may be letting you mover pack for you – you may wish to know what you can and can’t take with you. That is why we have provided this short guide to prohibited and restricted items. Please note this information is correct at the time posted but may be subject to change in the future, if there is anything you are unsure of or you need help moving please call us on 01902 714555.
The following items are prohibited from being imported into Cyprus through customs and may be seized by customs and border authorities upon arrival:
• Narcotics/illegal drugs
• Pornographic materials
• Wireless phones, walkie talkies or other radio equipment
Restricted items are items which may be limited to certain quantities or require additional duties, taxes or fees before they can be cleared by customs officials. Here are the items that are restricted and dutiable by the government of the Cyprus:
• All guns, including hunting shotguns and air rifles, require permission from the police and an Import Permit and must be at least one year old; only one gun is permitted importation for each family entering Cyprus
• All food products require prior consent from the Ministry of Health and an Import License
• Alcohol may be imported, as long as it falls under the established limit of 12 sealed bottles or 20 opened bottles
• All tobacco products are subject to duties and taxes
• Sports equipment
• Plants require an Import Permit and a Phytosanitary Certificate
• All new furniture requires a copy of the original purchase invoice, an import license and must be marked on the inventory as new
• Customers should alert the Destination Agent if their shipment contains any items out of the ordinary that would not be classified as normal “household goods” such as air soft guns, pianos, alcohol, etc.
For more information on customs when moving to Cyprus, or to enquire about removals to Cyprus please contact us on 01902 714555 or email@example.com.