Wolverhampton: 01902714555 | Birmingham: 01214441885 | London: 02079371999 | Rugby: 01788541044
| Coventry & Warwick: 02476632501 | Bridgnorth: 01746233119

Recent News

Requirements for Moving to Canada

Jan 16. 2019

Canada continues to be a draw for many British expats and its appeal shows no sign of abating.

In preparing to make a move to Canada, there are a number of factors to consider. Our international department are happy to help advice on everything from shipping household effects, transporting a car and can even point you in the right direction when it comes to taking your pets out to Canada.

Another important consideration in the process, are visa applications. If you’re visiting Canada for a short period of time, there’s no need for a visa. What you will need to arrange, though, is an Electronic Travel Authorisation before you travel. This remains valid for up to five years for travelling to Canada by air travel.

However, if you make the decision to move to Canada permanently this will require a visa. Here is a brief overview of the different types of permanent immigration visa’s:

Federal skilled workers (skilled workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their education, work experience and skills.)

Provincial Nomination Program (allows Canadian provinces and territories to nominate individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada and are interested in settling in one particular province.)

Canadian Experience Class (for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents.)

Family Sponsorship (enabling adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsora relative for immigration to Canada)

Business Class (designed to attract experienced businesspeople to Canada)

To contact our International Department for more information on our regular shipping services to and from Canada please call us on 01902 714555 or email sales@burkebros.co.uk

Associations and Accreditations

Quick Links