Moving to Australia
Full container loads | Groupage | Baggage | Air Freight
As one of Britain’s leading removal companies, Burke Bros Moving Group is widely recognised for its special skills in international moves of household goods to Australia. Whether you require a full household removal, a part load or simply one item, we offer a high quality professional shipping service worldwide.
As you would expect from an international business, we have all the professional hands you need for a smooth relocation overseas. We have the global knowledge, contacts, affiliations and practical skills to take care of you all the way to your new life. And for your further peace of mind, we offer full financial protection door to door.
Emigrating To Australia?
- One of our experienced estimators will visit you in your home so we can accurately calculate the volume you wish to take and any of your packing requirements. Calculating the correct volume is key to a realistic quotation and the estimator can offer you some invaluable advice in preparation for your move.
- We will arrive at your home to pack and wrap your items ready for shipment over a two to three day period with the container being loaded on the last day and the inventory checked, ready for the container to be locked, sealed and driven to the UK port.
- All of our removals men are trained overseas packers and will ensure your goods are safely packed. Other considerations are tailor made crates for items such as pianos, clocks and glass cabinets etc. Your items are then ready to be loaded on to the shipping container or can be put in to storage for any amount of time you require.
- We offer Marine Insurance on all of our international moves that is sufficient to cover your entire move, including cover for the cost of your goods and the cost of the shipment itself, on all effects packed by Burke Bros.
- As you are shipping your personal effects to Australia you may require a full 2ot, 4ot container, we also offer part-loads or groupage containers, where you only pay for the space your possessions take up within a container.
- Your items can take on average between 8 to 10 weeks to be shipped for a full container and 8 to 12 weeks on a groupage container. Times can also vary depending on the location of the port in Australia they are going to.
- Upon arrival in Australia one of our trusted agents will then take care of your goods and move. All goods entering Australia are now subject to Customs clearance and Quarantine inspection.
There are several documents that you will need to ship your items to Australia, they include- Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement Form 8534 (6/100) Copy of Photo page of passport and Visa and contact details in Australia.
Clearing Customs & Quarantine Procedures:
From the date of your shipment at our agent’s Bonded depot, clearance will take approximately 10-14 working days to clear the shipment through Customs and Quarantine prior to delivery to your new residence. Duty will be charged on alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco and household items that have not been owned and used twelve months priorto shipping. This must be paid to Customs and will delay your delivery of the shipment if payment is not made. Quarantine iII inspect every shipment that is cleared through our agent’s depot they may order fumigation, steam cleaning and other specialised treatments on items and additional charges will apply.
Delivery to your new home:
Once your items have been cleared our, agent’s operations department will arrange a mutually suitable day for delivery to your new home, or your shipment can be placed in to secure storage facilities. Their services should include full unwrapping of all furniture items, reassembly of items that require non-specialist attention such as beds, dressers and bookcases etc. Other services may be available at an additional cost.
Prohibited items include:
- Drugs of dependence, narcotics, hallucinogens, amphetamines,barbiturates and tranquillizers.
- Food stuffs of any type, Herbs, Spices.
- Christmas decorations, such as pine cones or silk trees with real timber trunks.
- Dried lower arrangements including framed examples, potpourri.
- Plants, Soil, Seeds.
- Skins, Hides, Ivory, Feathers.
- Bones, Horns, Tusks.
Restricted Items or items likely to be inspected by DAFF:
- Shoes, Wellingtons, golf clubs, other sports equipment, camping equipment, bikes, garden tools and furniture.
- Alcohol and tobacco will attract tax and duties at a high level.
- Untreated wood items, cane, wicker, bamboo, sea grass and rope.
- Firearms and other forms of weaponry – restricted and may require Police authorisation or prior approval from the Federal Attorney General.
- Water Hyacinth – used to make some furniture items.
All electrical items should generally work on the Australia system, though you may wish to check with the manufacturer.
Most modern UK televisions will work in Australia as the broadcast systems in the UK and Australia are both PAL based. However, as there are different versions, UK TV’s will need to be connected to p the Australian equivalent of a UK Digital Satellite Cable receiver.
Pets are permitted entry into Australia, but will be subject to the following: Rabies injections, RNATT (Rabies Antibody Titre Test), I Quarantine, Import Permit, DEFRA Export Health Certificate.
All vehicles being imported to Australia are subject to Australian design regulations and will require a Vehicle Import Approval in advance of shipping. AII motorised vehicles are potentially included cars, motorbikes, ride-on mowers, children’s motorised scooters, farm equipment and battery operated push bikes.
The following Link gives the 4 Steps for importing vehicles in to New Zealand
Overseas Removals Australia – Our Complete Coverage:
Moving to Perth, Australia?
Our shipping to Perth takes between 35 to 37 days to Port Fremantle. As the largest city and capital of the Australian state of Western Australia, and with a population of around 2 million, across its greater area, Perth is the fourth most populated city in Australia.
Official Website: https://www.wa.gov.au
Moving to Adelaide, Australia?
Our shipping to Adelaide takes between 29 to 31 days to Port Adelaide. As the capital city of South Australia and with an estimated population of around 1.3 million people, Adelaide is the fifth largest city in Australia, situated north of the Fleurieu Peninsula on the Adelaide Plains between the Gulf of St. Vincent and the Mount Lofty Ranges.
Official Website: httpss://www.sa.gov.au
Moving to Melbourne, Australia?
Our shipping to Melbourne takes between 43 to 45 days to Port Phillip. As the capital city in the state of Victoria, Melbourne is the leading financial centre and the second most populated Australian city. Sitting on the large bay of Port Phillip, Melbourne is rated highly for education, entertainment, healthcare, research and development, tourism and sports.
Official Website: https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
Moving to Sydney, Australia?
Our shipping to Sydney takes between 39 to 41 days to Port Jackson. As the state capital city of New South Wales, and with the famously known iconic Sydney Harbour, Sydney Opera House and Harbour bridge, Sydney is the most populated city in Australia and Oceania with its metropolitan area having around 4.8 million people, being the most multicultural city in Australia and the world.
Official Website: https://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au
Moving to Brisbane, Australia?
Shipping to Brisbane takes between 40 to 42 days to Port of Brisbane. As the capital city in the state of Queensland and as the third most populated city in Australia, Brisbane’s metropolitan area has a population of around 2.2million and the South East Queensland urban conurbation has around 3 million people. Named after the Brisbane River, it’s situated inside a bend of the river approximately 9 miles from its mouth at Moreton Bay.
Official Website: https://www.qld.gov.au
Please Call Your Local Number Now:
Wolverhampton: 01902 714555
Birmingham: 0121 444 1885
London: 0207 937 1999
Rugby: 01788 541044
Coventry & Warwick: 024 7663 2501
Bridgnorth: 01746 336041