1. One of the main draws to the island of Cyprus is the climate. The seasons are characterised by long summers and short mild winters.
2. It’s always advantageous to learn, and have as good an understanding as possible of the language, when moving abroad. One of the great benefits of Cyprus to British expats is that the majority of the population resident there, speak English. Notably, even road signs are in both English and Cypriot.
3. Cyprus also continues to be a popular destination for expats and as a result there are many expat communities across the island. It is not just Brits that well represented in Cyprus though, expats from a number of European countries are calling Cyprus home.
4. The beaches in Cyprus are well known for being amongst the best in Europe and many are blue flag awarded beaches. From Nissi Bay beach, Ayia Napa to Fig Tree Bay in Pictoras, there’s plenty to choose from!
5. Cyprus is well known for its low crime rate. It is one of the lowest crime rates in Europe and for this reason is often popular as a destination for expats with children as well as professionals.
6. Many gravitate to Cyprus for the slower pace of life. This is often another strong draw for British expats seeking a move away from the hustle and bustle of city living.
7. The island is home to beautiful scenery and is naturally picturesque. It is also reported to be unpolluted compared to other European countries. The hillsides and wooded areas of Cyprus are home to around 20 rare species of orchid. If you wanted to see one of these wildflowers, the best time to visit is in the spring.
8. Its home to halloumi cheese! From its origins in the Medieval Byzantine period
the cheese remains a firm favourite in local cuisine.
9. Thousands of flamingos temporarily stop to feed at the Larnaca Salt Lake during their migration towards the south in the autumn.
10. With a population of around 850,000 spread across the island, and country’s five major residential areas Cyprus is certainly not a densely populated country.
Our international moving experts are on hand to discuss your planned move to Cyprus. Further details on our moving service can be found here and our experienced international team can be contacted on 01902 714555 or via email at email@example.com.