The final countdown; what to do in the days before moving house
When moving day is pending and the removal company is booked; there are still a few things that can be done in the days running up to the moving day.
• Put to one side all of the items which you’ll need during the day and the first 24 hours in the new property. Consider packing items in hand luggage and suitcases or in boxes that are distinctive so you can identify them easily.
• If you are doing some of the packing yourself, remove pictures and mirrors from the walls to avoid the removal team knocking them as they clear the property. These can be wrapped in blankets etc.
• Ensure that your boxes are labelled with an indication of their contents and with an indication of the room you wish them to be moved to, before the removal company arrives.
• Try to dismantle any furniture that is easy to do yourself and which you don’t require for a few days prior to the move. A professional removers will be able to dismantle all non-specialist furniture for you on the day itself. Clarify this with the moving company when the quote is obtained.
• Arrange for a batch of grocery shopping to arrive at your new home during your first day in the premises.
• Empty, unplug and defrost the freezer to enable it to be loaded onto the removal van.
• Make arrangements for pets and young children to be looked after appropriately as having them on the premises during the move can often make the day more difficult
• Inform utility companies that you will be leaving the premises and pay amounts owed so that the accounts are up to date.
We’d be more than happy to answer any of your questions regarding how best to prepare for moving home or to arrange a free pre-move survey please contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or email email@example.com