1. Time is of the essence: upon confirmation of the date for your move find and book a professional removals company months in advance.
2. Check credentials: always ensure the moving company are a member of the British Association of Removers (BAR) and FIDI (the global alliance of professional international moving and relocation companies)
3. Guarantees: Always use an international mover who is financially bonded so in the rare case that something goes wrong, your money and move are protected and carried out by another member of the BAR.
4. Like for like: If you are acquiring quotations from more than one moving company, ensure you are comparing quotes which are for the same services as different services will be available.
5. Avoid false economies: don’t just assess your chosen moving company based on cost as this may not pay off in the long term if you don’t really receive the service you require.
6. Know the regulations: ask your professional international moving company for advice on customs and what you are able to take. This may save you expensive custom charges later on.
7. Let the professionals pack: avoid packing yourselves to reduce costs. This may increase the chances of your household effects being damaged in transit. Ultimately, the costs incurred from replacing and fixing damage could be far greater.
8. Under pressure: there is commonly a deadline by which you have to vacate your premises to allow the next residents access and to load your shipping container. It is for this reason that a professional removals company is best employed as they are experienced in working in these conditions.
9. Label accordingly: labelling boxes with a list of contents and with their required destination in the new residency will enable the movers to put the correct items in the required rooms.
For international removal quotes and enquiries please contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to help.