Here at Burke Bros Moving Group, we know that moving home can be expensive, and as such you want to make sure you are getting the best value for money and level of service you deserve! Cheaper options may be fine for some, but the more money you invest in to moving your personal effects and furniture.
When comparing prices or quotations from your professional remover it is important to base your decision on value for money, rather than the cheapest. Comparing like for like quotations based on the level of service and benefits you are being provided is essential to making an informed decision.
Services that should be on offer:
• Professional accreditations and membership with the British Association of Removers, the leading quality removals industry organisation in the UK.
• Ability to provide referrals recent moves they have conducted and recommendations from previous customers.
• Fully trained staff including removal estimators, move coordinators and removal operatives and porters.
• Someone should be available to visit your home to offer you a proper evaluation on the volume of goods you wish to take – see below for factors affecting price.
• A quotation provided with an agreed price and move date, with a breakdown of all charges or different options if you require.
• Professionally packing services including the best boxes and packaging materials used by the experts.
• Suitable branded and clean vehicles and specialist lifting equipment if required
• Unloading your household goods and personal effects in to your new home in to specific rooms if you wish.
Factors affecting the price of a move include:
• how much stuff you have: more stuff = higher volume/more weight = bigger or multiple vehicles.
• more stuff also means bigger removal crews to get it all packed and loaded.
• if you want the convenience and protection of the crew packing for you.
• if you need strong packing materials provided.
• how far the van(s) have to travel: further = more fuel costs.
• the possibility of overnight stays to comply with long distance driving regulations – in the UK drivers have to have a 45 minute break every 4.5 hours.
• if you have high value special items e.g. pianos or artworks that need extra care and specialist attention.
• how fast you want the move to happen. If you want to be done and dusted inside a day, the only way to do it is have more crew members to help out.
• if you are moving during peak seasons (school holidays) or weekends at times of high demand.
If you are looking for removals in the UK, don’t hesitate Burke Bros Moving Group, on 01902 714555.