Who to Notify
Aug 25. 2017
Amongst the turmoil and upheaval of moving house it can be easy to forget that it’s not just friends and family that need to be notified of your new address, there are a number of significant people and organisations that need to be aware of your new contact details.
We’ve devised a checklist of the common, most significant organisations to notify in advance of the move:
- Schools/ nurseries and childcare providers
- Royal Mail: they’re are able to set up a re-direction to your new premises.
- TV Licensing authority: ensure the license is updated with the new address
- Doctor’s surgery
- Hospital: if you are receiving treatment, ensure the hospital is updated.
- Car and home insurance providers
- Magazine/ newspaper or other subscriptions: this would also apply to any charities etc that you have subscriptions with for regular mail content.
- Local authority: ensure that your council in your current area of residence and also the area that you’re moving to are informed of your move; for the purposes of council tax and electoral registration.
- Utility companies: energy suppliers and also your water company will need at least 48 hours’ notice of your impending change of address. If you are intending to switch supplier, the new supplier will also need 48 hours to reconnect.
- Broadband provider and landline provider
- Banks and Building Societies: they need to be aware of changes in address and it may also be that you’ll need to contact them to transfer to a difference branch near your new residence.
- Credit/store cards: providers usually supply the option of notifying them of a change in address on their monthly statements, which can then be returned to them.
For any further advice on moving home or to arrange a pre-move survey, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please contact us on 01902 714555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.