Wolverhampton: 01902714555 | Birmingham: 01214441885 | London: 02079371999 | Rugby: 01788541044
| Coventry & Warwick: 02476632501 | Bridgnorth: 01746233119

Recent News

Car Export Moving To Cyprus

Jul 18. 2014

Permanent Car Export To Cyprus – At Time of Moving To Cyprus:

Car export moving to Cyprus: Looking to permanently import your car to Cyprus upon arrival? If so, you need to present the following paperwork to the Cypriot Customs. Again, as an experienced car shipper and international shipping company  Burke Bros, and our approved car shipping agents, will make all the arrangements for you to ensure all your paperwork is present and correct.

In the first instance International movers Burke Bros Moving Group would require copies of:

  • Your Passport
  • Your Car’s V5 documentation

These will then be sent to our local agent in Cyprus who will pre-lodge them with Limassol customs in preparation for your visit.

At the time of moving abroad with your shipment from the UK, Burke Bros will prepare the T2L document. Then, after being duly authorised by HM Customs, it will be couriered to our agent in Cyprus.

Upon arrival of the vessel in Cyprus you will be called upon by Burke Bros’s local agent
to accompany them to the Customs Station based on Limassol port, where you will be required to produce the following original official documentation:

  • Your Passport
  • Your Driver’s License
  • Your Car’s V5 documentation
  • Your valid insurance certificate, proving you are insured to drive your car in Cyprus
  • Once your application is successfully completed you will be issued with a FK5 for the duty payable.

    You will now need to register your vehicle with the appropriate authorities as per instructions below. But if you feel this is a little daunting/time consuming we can introduce you to a knowledgeable and experienced partner who can arrange all of this on your behalf.

    If you wish to make your own arrangements please proceed as follows.

    To arrange Registration of your vehicle you will then be required to:

    Visit the District Vehicle Examination Centre of the Road Transport Department (RTD). With your C72A Customs form and your Vehicle’s V5 registration document, they will check and confirm the Co2 Emissions of your vehicle.

    You then need to visit a RTD authorised centre with your C72A and Vehicle’s V5 registration document, along with your Co2 Emissions certificate and they will perform a roadworthiness exam, (like a UK MOT) and issue you with the appropriate certificate.

    You then need to submit all your documents back to the District Vehicle Examination Centre of the RTD to formally apply for your car to be registered.

    The Cyprus Ministry of Finance website has more information on the Cyprus import duty and tax regards Car Shipping Costs

Associations and Accreditations

Quick Links