Burke Bros Moving Group have instigated a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy which runs hand in hand with our ISO9001 and FIDI FAIM accreditation. We believe it is our responsibility and duty to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment. We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We shall strive to improve our environmental performance.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- We will offer our employees clear and fairs terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our business relationships.
- We shall encourage suppliers to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
- We aim to give our time, experience, assistance and benevolence within our social and business community wherever possible.
- We will not enter into any form of bribes, kickbacks, improper payments and will always remain honest and ethical in our business dealings with suppliers, agents and customers.
- We will not enter into any anti – trust or anti-competitive activities.
- We will at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We undertake a number of fundraising endeavours to support a range of charities carrying out vital work in the area local to Burke Bros Moving Group’s Head Office. From skydives to donations and ongoing programmes to support the work of local charities; we take the opportunity to give back to our local area.
Burke Bros Moving Group have donated over 5,000 books to Compton Care after collecting the unwanted books over several months from clearances from house moves and items that have been donated to the group. The books are being put to good use being sold across Compton Care charity shops in the local area to help raise funds for the organisation.
Compton Care is a charity supporting patients facing life-limiting illnesses and their families. Their purpose is to make a difference to people’s lives when their illness is no longer curable.
Their network of charity shops offer a vast range of second hand and new items, which are then sold to generate income to fund quality and dignified care for the patients and their families supported by the Hospice.
Nathan Burke also took to the skies to raise vital funds for the hospice. His fundraising has raised over £6,500 to support Compton Care in their plan to extend their facilities and continue providing essential services to many more people.
Burke Bros Moving Group are also pleased to be supporting ‘The Good Shepherd Ministry’. As part of our removal services, we provide the facility to collect any unwanted non-perishable items (tinned foods or foods in packets) from customers who are perhaps moving abroad and are unable to ship food items, or from customers who just want to clear their kitchen cupboards before moving, we will then donate the food items to The Good Shepherd, where they will be distributed to the homeless and those in need in Wolverhampton through their food bank and soup kitchen services.
The Good Shepherd help to meet the basic needs of some of the most vulnerable people in the area. Since the project began in 2003, it has grown to support 250 people each day.
As a well-established company in the West Midlands, we are pleased to play a part in supporting such worthwhile causes and look forward to pursuing our Corporate Social Responsibility goals further in the future.