Five Steps to a Less Frosty Move
Moving your entire worldly possessions from one property to another can be stressful enough, let alone when you’re moving in the winter and the weather is against you as well. It’s more important than ever, in these situations, to opt for a well experienced and reputable removal company.
Here are a few of our five top tips to get you through a cold moving day:
• Arrange outdoor lighting at your new property. As the days are shorter, it could prove quite hazardous for the removal crew if they don’t have a well-lit path in and out of the property as they unload.
• Hang curtains as soon as you can. It’s worth prioritising the hanging of your curtains in the new property as it will make a noticeable difference in keeping out the cold in the new property.
• Some small pets can be sensitive to the cold and to variations in temperature. It’s really important to plan ahead and arrange for such birds, hamsters etc to be kept with someone else until your new property is warm enough.
• Know where the kettle is! Keep the kettle, tea, coffee and longlife milk etc in a separate, marked box from the rest of the boxes. On a cold day this will be important to both you and the removal crew!
• Invest in furniture covers for sofas and chairs etc to minimise exposure to the elements when being carried outside and don’t skimp on sub-standard boxes. Its particularly important to buy the professional boxes to avoid packing boxes ripping and collapsing in the rain.
For any further information on the process of moving home in any season, please contact us on 01902 714555 or email email@example.com. We’d be happy to advise and complete a free pre-move survey.