1. Clear the gangways; the removal team need as clear access to your property as possible. Move vehicles out of the way if they obstruct the point of entry. Inform neighbours of your moving date in advance to avoid disputes over parking spaces etc.
2. Always label your boxes: if you’ve decided not to use professional packers, make sure you label your boxes with the rooms they are intended for. This will avoid the removals team having to keep stopping to ask where things should go. You may also find it beneficial to label the boxes with an indication of their contents so you’ll know which boxes to un pack first.
3. Know where your important documents are. If this is a move abroad, it will be really important to keep such things as passports and driving licenses separate. Even if it is a move within the UK, ensure that you know of the whereabouts of these documents as they are remarkably easy to loose during a house move.
4. Have an ‘essentials’ bag: this should contain not only the personal items you will need during the first day in your new property, ie essentials like; toiletries, a kettle and cups but also a few light bulbs to avoid unpacking in the dark and something to open the tape on the boxes with.
5. Don’t forget to charge up: it may sound obvious but the little details like having a fully charged phone battery are easily overlooked, but very important on moving day. Keep the number of your removal firm in your phone and give the crew your number just in case.
For any further information regarding moving house or to book your pre-move survey, please contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org