Moving house without the stress
Moving house is one of life’s most significant and often most stressful events. Here are a few helpful hints that may help to take the stress out of moving day:
• Hire a professional removal company: this is the single best way to reduce the stress of moving house. The professionals are used to the process and execute the procedure safely and efficiently. They also have the right moving equipment and professional wrapping materials. Having a van and performing the move yourself is often a false economy; damages are more likely to be incurred and it is often difficult to complete the move on time. Always opt for a remover who is a member of the British Association of Removers.
• Time: Don’t leave it to the last minute to ask for removal quotes. Try to give the removal company as much notice as you can. Leaving it to the last minute to book a removal will reduce your chances of being able to book with a reputable company.
• Utility companies: contact your utility providers and request that your post is re-directed. This can be done with Royal Mail.
• Pack an overnight bag: do this for each person moving and for every pet. This will save trawling through boxes once you’re in the new premises.
• The essentials: keep some essentials in your own vehicle rather than in the removal van. Prepare a box containing such things as; tea, coffee, a kettle, toilet roll, cleaning materials and a hoover.
• Schedule a food order: it can be very useful to order a supermarket delivery for the day after you arrive. The first day in new premises will be very busy without having a trip to the supermarket as well.
• Make your beds: once they are installed, unpack the bed linen etc and make the beds. This is not a job you’ll want to be doing too late in the evening.
For more information on how to prepare for moving house, or to arrange a free pre-move survey please contact Burke Bros Moving Group on 01902 714555 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.