Packing the Smallest Room in the House
We like to leave no stone un-turned in our advice on preparing your house for moving day; so here are some vital tips on packing your bathroom contents:
- Tape up any opened bottles of toiletries (shampoo etc) to avoid spillages in transit.
- Pack the essential toiletries you use on a daily basis in a separate bag that you will keep with you and not be packed away into a box on the removal van.
- Apply cotton wool on top of any compressed powders to help stop them from cracking during transit.
- Wrap bubble wrap around eye shadow palettes and secure with tape to also minimise cracking.
- Pack nail varnish bottles into zipped bags and, for added protection, wrap each bottle in paper before transferring to a zipped bag.
- If possible, separate make-up into liquids, creams and powders when packing. If there are spillages it will limit the number of products damaged.
- Bathroom towels are really useful as padding for protecting other items. Use clean, dry towels to protect other more fragile items.
- Where possible pack electrical hair appliances in their original box and packing, if you’ve been able to keep them, to best protect them during the move.
- Group together very small pieces like hair ties and hair clips into zipped bags.
- When transferring into boxes, place the heavier bathroom items at the bottom of the box and label each box with a summary of the contents.
For any further advice on preparing for a house move or for further information on our packing services, please contact us on 01902 714555 or email email@example.com. For the best quality packing materials, at competitive prices; please also take a look at our online shop.