How to successfully plan your office move
Relocating office could be one of the most important decisions you make for your business for several years, as it can be one of the most expensive ventures. If managed correctly by the right team and correctly budgeted it could move your business on to the next level, helping you to succeed in the long term.
There are multiple reasons why a company may plan an office move, it may be due to a business expansion, a lease on your premises expiring, retraction, mergers or simply trying to reduce costs. There are many benefits to giving your business a fresh start in a new office space but managing this change is all dependent on how successfully you plan your move.
An office move can be more complicated than moving a household as you want your business to being operating as normal as soon as possible. Preparing is key and ensuring that everything on your list is complete is essential. Use this quick guide to kelp keep your business move on track.
• Try to determine a time frame and moving schedule and set a date when you want your move to be completed
• Set up a communications plan to let your customers, suppliers and other pertinent parties know about your move and forward your new address
• Chose a senior member of your team, this might be yourself, to be responsible for your move and making sure tasks are coordinated
• If moving a larger company you may wish to set up a moving committee to help organize the move and to keep the move on track
• Make a list of tasks of all things that need to be completed and assign tasks to individuals to be completed
• Inform all employees and get them involved; make sure they know their roles and what is expected of them
• Determine what you will be taking from your new office and if your office will have a new look and furniture, make sure you know ahead of time where equipment needs to be installed
• Get moving quotes from companies, make sure you check their testimonials and use a professional mover in the UK a member of the British Association of Removers is a sign of quality mover
• Contact your service providers and inform them of the move, whether to disconnect at your old premises and to set up new services in your new office
• Create an inventory of exactly is being moved, your removal company should be able to help you with this
• Make sure you establish a packing schedule; determine what can be packed in advance and what is needed to be packed last, and whether you will be packing yourself or leaving it to the specialists
• You should be able to purchase packing materials and appropriate boxes supplies from your removal company
• Provide your employees or professional packers with instructions to make sure boxes are properly packed and labelled with the appropriate rooms, importance, content and fragility
• Prepare furniture for moving and label each item so it will be moved to the correct area in your new premises, this can be done by colour coding or numbering and labeling areas on a plan of the new office
• Make sure all equipment has been properly prepared for moving, if you are not sure how to pack equipment you may wish to hire a technical specialist or call the manufacturer for more information
• To avoid additional charges and to help your move go smoothly, check your access and appropriate places for your moving truck to park to and load at the old office location and where it can unload at the new location. All professional movers should ask you about this before you move.
Burke Bros Moving Group have extensive experience helping companies and businesses plan and move their offices. We can provide you with the best advice and service to make sure your move goes as stress free as possible. We even have our own storage facilities to store any items you may not need for your new office but want to keep in the long term. For more information please call 01902 71455 or email email@example.com.