With decades of experience in the industry, we understand that we are moving people not just household contents. We also understand that a move which involves young children requires special consideration and planning. There are many experiences in life that as adults we take in our stride but are often disturbing and sometimes quite terrifying to young children. There are a number of simple but effective ways to prepare your young children for the move which can turn a potentially traumatic experience into a happy and exciting event.
• Tell your children about the move as early as possible, remember children are very quick to sense that something is going on.
• Take the time to talk with each of your children separately about the move and what it means to them.
• Children should be encouraged to express any concerns they may have about moving and to ask questions.
• Try to portray the move as an adventure with new and exciting experiences lying ahead.
• Get your children involved in some of the packing, in particular give them the job of packing some if not all their toys.
• Clearly explain the sequence of moving day events to your children.
• Prior to the move, point out a Burke Bros van to your children and explain to them in terms of “that’s what we’ll be doing.”
To book a free pre-move survey or to speak to one of our advisors about any aspect of the moving process please contact us on 01902 714555 or email email@example.com